My Mushroom Gallette recipe looks pretty fancy, but today I’m sharing a shortcut that will have this French inspired meal on your table in no time!
My ankle is feeling a lot better today. I might try a little walking first to make sure it is back before I start running though!
In the meantime I’ve been cooking A LOT. And I made you something fun and fresh!
Have you ever heard of a gallette before? It’s a French style free form tart that can be made with savory or sweet filling. Now I’m sure if you were to make a gallette recipe from scratch from a tried and true French version, you’d probably be in the kitchen for hours.
My version takes less – only 10 minutes of hands on time, making my Shortcut Mushroom Gallette a yummy and unique mid week meal!
This version is so yummy because it is packed with all sorts of good for you – veggies including mushrooms, baby kale, onions and roasted red peppers.
Because everything is bet-a with feta.
The shortcut comes from a store bought pie crust. To make my Mushroom Gallette, you roll out a room temperature pie crust to a 15 inch circle.
You then pile high olive oil and herb coated veggies.
The final step is to fold the corners over and brush just the crust with a simple egg wash.
All the veggies bake down flat into a perfectly delicious gallette!
It’s kind of like a pizza, but the flaky pie crust has a very different texture and taste.
My shortcut mushroom gallette is the perfect way to mix it up at the dinner table without all the fuss!
- 8 ounces sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 4 cups fresh spinach or kale power mix greens
- 1/2 small onion sliced
- 1 7 ounce jar roasted red peppers sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces feta
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 1 egg beaten
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl the mushrooms, greens, roasted red pepper, onion, olive oil, spices and salt and pepper in a bowl until well combined.
- Fold in the feta cheese.
- On a sheet of parchment paper, roll out the pie crust to about 15 inches round.
- Transfer the crust and parchment to a large cookie sheet.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture in the middle of the crust, leaving a 2 1/2 inch border.
- Fold the border of the pie crust over to create a crust.
- Brush crust with the egg wash.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown, about 30 minutes. About half way through (after the crust is brown) cover with a piece of foil so the crust will not burn.
The pile of veggies will look really big, but it will cook down! Just try to evenly distribute it across the shell so it is not all in the middle. Don't forget to cover with foil once the crust gets brown.
Have a great day friends!
Tomorrow I’m sharing some tips to drink more water! It’s one of my biggest healthy habits.
Have you ever made a gallette?
What are your kitchen shortcuts?