Low fat Crock Pot Creamed Spinach will be the star of your holiday meal!
This is a recipe that shows up in my holiday menu almost every year. It’s cheesy, easy and delicious.
It’s so decadent you’ll never miss the rest of the calories I cut by making it low fat!
In fact I can almost promise you’ll be asked to make this Crock Pot Creamed Spinach again.
The original recipe I used called for processed American cheese and too many strange ingrediants, so I shook it up adding smooth natural cream cheese and ricotta. You can also sub cottage cheese for the ricotta.
The finished product comes out decadent and delicious! And since it’s made in the Crock Pot you can easily work on the rest of the meal while this is cooking.
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 10 oz packages frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 15 ounce container skim ricotta cheese
- 1 8 ounce package low fat cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic 4 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- pinch red pepper flakes optional
- Put all ingrediants in Crock Pot and mix well.
- Cook for 4-6 hours on low. Stir occasionally.
Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for a fresh Fashion Friday look.
Are you cooking a holiday meal this year?