Ricotta cheese, al dente pasta and fresh lemon come together for one irresistible dinner! This Lemon Ricotta Pasta will soon become on of your favorite homemade meals.
I love pasta. Probably in an unhealthy way, but I’m ok with that. I am always looking for new ways to throw together a quick pasta dinner that is not just using a jar of sauce. This Lemon Ricotta Pasta is perfect! It is simple to make and is absolutely decedent to eat. You can think of it as unstuffed, stuffed shells with a twist.
To start making Lemon Ricotta Pasta, boil pasta and sauté zucchini in a pan.
Adding the shrimp and vegetables makes the dish just a little healthier.
Next add shrimp. You season the shrimp and vegetables and give both a healthy squirt of lemon.
Once the pasta is done you coat it in creamy and delicious ricotta cheese. You can cut some calories by buying reduced fat ricotta.
This dish comes together in no time and you will love the end result! This dish is Julie created and hubs approved.
- 1 pound rigatoni pasta
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1 zucchini cut in ¼ inch half moons
- 1 pound 26-30 raw shrimp peeled, tail-on and deveined
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 15 oz ricotta cheese can use reduced fat
- ½ cup shredded parmesan
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, sauté the zucchini over medium heat in 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook for 3-5 minutes or until just getting soft. Season with a pinch of the salt, pepper and herbs. Push to the side of the pan.
- Add the shrimp to the pan with the other tablespoon of olive oil. Allow the shrimp to cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, or until pink. Season each side with a pinch of the salt, pepper and herbs. Squeeze one quarter of the lemon over the shrimp and zucchini. Remove from the heat.
- When the pasta is done cooking, drain and reserve 1 cup of the water you cooked the pasta in for the sauce. Do not rinse the pasta. Return the pasta to the pot. Add the pasta water, remaining lemon juice and zest, remaining salt, pepper, spices and ricotta cheese. Stir until the pasta is coated.
- Fold in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve with shrimp and zucchini mixed in or piled on top!
Notes: This recipe can be super healthy with whole-wheat pasta and reduced fat ricotta cheese
What is your favorite way to eat pasta?