My healthy and creamy Crock Pot Red Pepper Soup recipe is nourishing and delicious.
I can't believe it, but my garden is still producing peppers like crazy. Bell, banana, poblano, anaheim... I've got them all. They've even been loving this heat wave this week. (It's been mid-80's here!!) They'll most likely keep going until the first freeze, which I can't even wrap my head around yet. Time seems to be flying lately.
So I've had to be a little creative with my pepper recipes, which is always fun. I decided to use up a bunch of red peppers in this gorgeous Crock Pot Red Pepper Soup recipe. It's healthy, creamy and absolutely delicious.
Did you know that red peppers are a food powerhouse? They are super low in calories, but high in nutrients! Those scarlet beauties are a good source of vitamin A and C, full of potassium, folic acid and fiber.
So that makes this soup a little food powerhouse too. I feel healthier just looking at it. 🙂
I made the soup creamy by adding one of my favorite healthy ingredients, plain greek yogurt. It really gives you that creamy sour cream flavor without all the fat AND added protein.
Slurp this decadent bowl down with a cheesy sandwich or a vegan hummus wrap. And if you are dairy-free or vegan feel free to sub dairy free yogurt or omit it all together. You'll lose the creaminess, but it still tastes amazing. It has the texture of tomato soup, but is just something delightfully different.
Either way you enjoy it, this is bound to become one of your new Crock Pot favorites.
Healthy Crock Pot Creamy Red Pepper Soup
- 5 large red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch red pepper, optional
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- garnish: yogurt dollop and parsley
- Put all the ingredients except for the greek yogurt in a Crock Pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours until the vegetables are all tender.
- Once finished cooking remove the bay leaf.
- Blend with an immersion blender or do in batches in a regular blender. Be careful with the hot soup!
- Stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Serve with an additional dollop of greek yogurt and parsley.
Like it? I’d love it if you could pin this to your favorite Pinterest board! Thank you so much for the support.
Want more Vegetarian Crock Pot Soups?
Here are 10 of my favorites!
Thanks for stopping by today! Tomorrow I’m sharing a great new Old Navy swing dress for Fashion Friday.
What color pepper do you like the most?