Harvest flavors are abundant in this beautiful fall salad! My Beet and Apple Salad may just be tasty enough to add to your holiday meal. It is a favorite in my household year-round.
I brought out the big guns for this Beet and Apple salad.
Peppery arugula, crisp red onion, sweet spiced pumpkin seeds, fresh apple, zesty beets AND creamy goat cheese.
Yup. There are a lot of salad recipes in circulation right now and I wanted to make sure I got your attention.
These flavors blend together perfectly with a fresh and zesty pomegranate vinaigrette made right over the bowl. I love the pairing of the pomegranate vinegar I found at Trader Joe's, lemon and olive oil.
This is a Beet and Apple Salad done right!
The beets are a super food on so many levels and such a nice addition to a healthy diet! They are heart healthy and inflammation fighting. The pair perfectly with the crisp apples (I like to use honeycrisp!) and creamy goat cheese.
Plus it takes so good that I wouldn't be surprised if you and your guests all go back for seconds!
This is one salad I find myself making over and over again. It's filled with winter and fall flavors, but is really great year round. You can easily make it vegan by leaving off the goat cheese!
Beet and Apple Fall Salad
- 8 cups arugula
- 2 small apples, cubed
- 4-6 small roasted beets, halfed and sliced
- ½ small red onion, sliced in half moons
- ½ cup roasted pumpkin seeds
- 1 small lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons high quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons pomegranate vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- Put the arugula, apple, beet, onion, pumpkin seed in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon directly over the salad. Also drizzle the olive oil and the pomegranate vinegar to taste/ preference. Use equal amounts.
- Carefully toss the salad and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the goat cheese and give the salad a final toss before serving.
- Serve immediately.
Find this recipe later by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board!
Do you ever make your own salad dressing?
I have just gotten into it! This is my favorite trick to simply dress a salad.