- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups dried black eyed peas, rinsed and sorted through **
- 2 32 ounce boxes of high quality vegetable broth
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (can adjust or omit)
- ½-1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ½-1 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 10 big collard leaves, stem removed and chopped
- Rinse and sort through the peas removing any small pebbles or bad peas.
- Put everything EXCEPT the collards in the Crock Pot and stir well.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Add collards and turn Crock Pot to high. Cook for an additional 2 hours or until peas are tender.
Like this? Find it later by pinning this to your favorite Pinterest board!
It's good luck! #Vegetarian #CrockPot Black Eyed Peas and Collard Green Soup #slowcooker Click To Tweet
Thanks for stopping by today! I know you’re busy with the holidays, but check back in tomorrow for some tips to Make and Keep Your New Year’s Resolutions!
I’m linking up with: Meatless Monday with Tina and Deborah, Meatless Monday with Annmarie, Delicious Dish Tuesday, What’s Cookin’ Wednesday, Full Plate Thursday with Miz Helen, FoodFriDIY, Foodie Friday, and the Weekend Potluck. Thanks so much ladies for the link up parties!
Do you have a traditional New Year’s Day dish?
What’s your favorite Christmas carol?