Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola
Healthy Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Granola is a great fall treat.
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 3 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
Mix together the egg whites, honey, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice and optional salt.
Pour the egg mixture over the oatmeal, pecans and pumpkin seeds. Fold together until it's all well coated.
Cook in a crock pot on high for 2-3 hours leaving the lid slightly cracked so the moisture can escape. That will keep the granola from being soggy.
Pour the granola on a foil lined sheet pan to cool and dry. The granola will continue to firm up on the sheet pan.