Mediterranean Quinoa Veggie Salad
A healthy quinoa dish that is great as a side dish or light vegetarian meal.
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 cups quinoa
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh herbs, chopped (basil, oregano and parsley are tasty!)
- 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, if from a can, rinsed and drained
- 1/4-1/2 cup of myHomemade Red Wine Vinaigrette
- optional: 1/2 cup feta cheese, additional lemon
Cook the quinoa in the broth or water according to package instructions. One fluffed, put in the fridge to cool down.
Once cooled to at least room temperature, toss the rest of the ingredients into the quinoa! Add the smaller amount of dressing and add more until you like the taste! You might also want to add more salt and pepper at this point.
Serve room temperature or chilled. Stores in the fridge well!