Easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe
This is the perfect, easy Crock Pot Black Bean Soup recipe. Perfectly spiced, super simple to make using canned beans. Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free & Low Calorie.
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 4 ounces can green chilies
- 32 ounces low sodium vegetable broth
- 4 15 ounce reduced sodium black beans cans, rinsed and drained
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon chipolte pepper powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Garnish: avocado, cilantro, lime, plain greek yogurt, sour cream
Put all ingredients in the Crock Pot. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
Adjust chipotle, salt and pepper to taste and remove the bay leaves.
Blend about halfway with an immersion blender. Leave some beans and peppers whole.
1 teaspoon of chipotle powder will be hot, but still tasty! Use less if you are sensitive to heat. You can also use canned chipotle in adobo sauce. Start with one chili and add more to taste.
I tested with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Calories: 150kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 9gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 462mgPotassium: 520mgFiber: 11gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 1097IUVitamin C: 47mgCalcium: 74mgIron: 3mg