Award Winning Vegetarian Chili
My Crock Pot Award Winning Vegetarian Chili Recipe is so good you will never miss the meat!
- 1 14.5 oz canned dark kidney beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 ox canned light kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 14.5 oz canned black beans , rinsed and drained
- 2 - 14.5 14.5 oz canned diced fire-roasted tomato with garlic
- 1 4 oz canned diced green chilies
- 2 8 oz canned tomato sauce
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon hot chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 tablespoons Chipotle Cholula
- Salt & Pepper to taste, ½ teaspoon each
Put all ingredients in a large Crock Pot.
Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
Serve with cornbread, cheese, sour cream and an additional splash of Cholula.
You can adjust the chili spices to match your own taste. This does not have a LOT of heat. Add more hot chili powder and red pepper flakes instead of regular chili powder if you like it hot.
I buy reduced-sodium cans when I can find them because they are so much healthier. You can then add just as much salt as you like to taste.
If it’s the middle of winter and peppers are hard to find, you can buy bags of frozen chopped peppers and onions. It’s not quite as good, but it is a great substitute. It can also make it easier to stock all the ingredients.
Calories: 339kcalCarbohydrates: 63gProtein: 20gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 1089mgPotassium: 1352mgFiber: 21gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1610IUVitamin C: 60mgCalcium: 142mgIron: 8mg