Healthy Crock Pot Creamy Red Pepper Soup
Delicous and creamy Crock Pot Red Pepper Soup with a healthy twist!
- 5 large red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch red pepper, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- garnish: yogurt dollop and parsley
Put all the ingredients except for the greek yogurt in a Crock Pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours until the vegetables are all tender.
Once finished cooking remove the bay leaf.
Blend with an immersion blender or do in batches in a regular blender. Be careful with the hot soup!
Stir in the Greek yogurt.
Serve with an additional dollop of greek yogurt and parsley.