Healthy Crock Pot Creamy Red Pepper Soup
Delicous and creamy Crock Pot Red Pepper Soup with a healthy twist!
- 5 large red peppers, roughly chopped
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 ounce can tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- pinch red pepper, optional
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon pepper, or more to taste
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- garnish: yogurt dollop and parsley
Put all the ingredients except for the greek yogurt in a Crock Pot. Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours until the vegetables are all tender.
Once finished cooking remove the bay leaf.
Blend with an immersion blender or do in batches in a regular blender. Be careful with the hot soup!
Stir in the Greek yogurt.
Serve with an additional dollop of greek yogurt and parsley.
Calories: 116kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 7gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 307mgPotassium: 718mgFiber: 6gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 4910IUVitamin C: 203mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 2mg