Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos
Sweet Potato and Black Bean Tacos may quickly become your favorite vegetarian taco!
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon cumin, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic, 2 cloves
- 1 lime
- dash of hot sauce, optional
- 8 soft taco shells, I use whole wheat
- toppings: avocado, cilantro, sour cream (or plain greek yogurt), lime, queso freso, pico de gallo
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Toss sweet potatoes in half the olive oil half the seasonings. Roast in oven for 30-40 minutes until fork tender.
With 10 minutes left in the potato cooking time start the next steps.
Over medium heat in a non stick pan, saute the onions in the remaining olive oil until soft. Cook them beyond translucent for about 5 minutes.
Add the black beans and rest of the spices to the pan. Reduce heat to simmer.
When potatoes are done add them to the pan. Add the hot sauce and squeeze the lime on top.
Warm tortillas according to the package instructions and serve immediately with the toppings!
Calories: 132kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 2gFat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gSodium: 213mgPotassium: 262mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 8137IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 39mgIron: 1mg