Grilled Vegetable Buddha Bowl
Summer in a bowl!
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- 1 yellow squash, sliced into ¼ inch strips
- ½ small red bell pepper, sliced into 1 inch wide strips
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ cup hummus
- ¼ cup chickpeas
- ¼ cup purple cabbage, sliced
- 2-4 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 recipe Lemon Tahini Dressing ***
- garnish: fresh basil leaves
Heat grill to medium.
Coat each side of the zucchini, squash and pepper with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Grill 3-5 minutes on each side until the vegetables are tender.
To assemble the buddha bowl, start with your rice or quinoa. Arrange the grilled vegetables around the bowl. Add the purple cabbage to the vegetables. In the middle add the chickpeas and hummus.
Sprinkle with the lemon tahini dressing and fresh basil leaves!
Each buddha bowl can have 1-2 cups of grains, depending on how hungry you are and your personal diet.
*** Here's the recipe for my Homemade Lemon Tahini Dressing
Calories: 374kcalCarbohydrates: 56gProtein: 14gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 201mgPotassium: 1020mgFiber: 11gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1469IUVitamin C: 79mgCalcium: 88mgIron: 5mg